OCALA-- The College of Central Florida softball team had five players named to the National Fastpitch Coaches Association NJCAA Div. 1 South All-Region team.
CF tied FCSAA state runner-up Chipola College for the most players named to the all-region team with five players each. CF, Chipola and FCSAA State Champions Florida Southwestern each had four first team all-region representatives, while the Patriots and Indians also had a player named to second team.
First Team All-Region honorees include:
- Brooke Barlow (1B)- Barlow is the reigning FCSAA Player of the Year and is just the third player in Region VIII history to drive in 100 or more runs in a single season
- Destinee Lizzmore (2B)- Lizzmore led the state in RBIs (74) and home runs (17)
- Kelsee Cullop (OF)- Cullop has not made an error anchoring down center field for the Patriots over the past two seasons
- Caeley Nix (SS)- Finished No. 3 in the state in batting average (.470)
Second Team All-Region:
- Morgan Cushman (P)- No. 2 in the state for total wins during the regular season (25)
CF finished runner-up in the Mid-Florida Conference, going 51-15 on the year, 18-6 in conference play. The Lady Patriots came into the season as the NJCAA preseaon No. 1 and was ranked Top 10 nationally for seven consecutive weeks.
CF led the state in several statistical categories throughout year that included: most home runs hit (60), most runs scored (471), and most runs batted in (422).
In the circle, the CF pitching staff finished No. 3 in FCSAA, No. 4 in NJCAA for lowest earned run average (1.58).